Brick is a type of block used to build houses, walls, and other construction elements. Brick is the most potent block. A brick is made up of dried clay, and then heat the bricks at a very high temperature to make the brick very strong. The size of a brick is smaller than a block.
Types of bricks
Following are the types of brick;
The drill is specially designed to make holes in bricks, stone, woods, concrete, etc. Due to the hardness of s brick, we need a drill with hammer mode. Hammer mode is beneficial to straight and accurate drilling in a brick. In a hammer drill, Hammer mode will provide a short and rapid hammer thrust to a substance and material you are drilling.
Drill type is depending on your drilling type. If you want to drill a large hole in a brick, you need a hammer drill, but if you want to drill a small hole in a brick, you need an ordinary drill. The home drill is also used to drill the holes in woods and bricks also. Drilling into bricks: Drilling into brick is not much difficult. Drilling into bricks does not need to be a chore. You can use a borehole in just a few minutes by using some different drill tools.
Drilling large holes into bricks:
Drilling large holes in brick is much most comfortable than drilling small holes in brick. For this more considerable hole drilling, you need a hammer drill. The grip of the hammer drill is very tight due to hammer mode. Hammer drill is used to make large holes in brick because large holes required high energy to drill in the brick, so we use a hammer drill for this type of drilling.
Hammer drill is a power drill, and this drill bore large holes in brick very effortlessly. The cost of hammer drills is affordable for workers. The speed of the hammer drill is very high. Due to high speed, hammer drill boreholes only in a single minute. Home drills are burned if used for large hole drillings and drilling the holes on multilayer objects.
Drilling the small holes in bricks:
Drilling small holes in brick is a bit difficult than drilling large holes in brick. The ordinary drill is used to drill small holes in bricks. A small hole does not need force, but they need very much attention. Due to the smaller size of the drill bit, this type of work is done very carefully.
A thin and large shape drill bit is responsible for small drilling in a brick. Sometimes, the ordinary drill bit is broken due to drilling in a multilayer and rigid object. The ordinary drill’s speed is average, and this drill makes small holes very quickly in just minutes. The home drill is also known as an ordinary drill.
Where to drill: Brick vs Mortar:
The preliminary decision of drilling a hole will be whether to drill into the brick or the mortar. The type and age of the brick matter the most, the type of wall anchor you can use, and the diameter and depth of the hole these factors tell us that whether the drill into brick itself and mortar.
Brick usually holds better and more support than mortar. Serious holes damage and weaken the bricks, and the anchor creates enough stress to crack the brick. Small holes prevent the brick from damage and also prevent the crack.
How to drill into bricks?
Following are the steps show how to drill into bricks;
STEP 1: Choose a drill:
- Choosing the right drill is the foremost first step.
- The choice of a drill depends on the type of work.
- If you want to drill a large hole, you can use a hammer drill with hammer mode.
- Drill a big hole; you can use high speed and powerful drill.
- If you want to drill a small hole, you can use an ordinary/home drill.
- Drill a small hole; you can use a standard drill.
STEP 2:Make a mark on the wall:
- Take a pencil.
- Use the tape to measure where you want to drill a hole.
- Use a pencil to mark the spot.
- Highlight and accurate the mark.
STEP 3:Safety first:
- Crystalline Silica is a harmful substance present in brick dust.
- If this harmful substance is inhaled, it causes severe breathing problems.
- Equipped you with goggles.
- Wear a face mask before drilling.
- Wear hand gloves.
STEP 4:Make the pilot hole:
- Take a hammer drill. Insert the drill bit into the hammer drill.
- Remember to set the hammer drill speed is slow (hammer drill speed is very high, and if you drill into multilayer and hard object, sometimes, the drill is out of control).
- Set the position of the hammer drill is perpendicular.
- The perpendicular position is critical because if your drill is on an angle, it affects your grip, and the hole does not be drill inaccurate.
- Don’t exert too much force on the drill. It also changes the hole size and shape.
- Grip your hammer drill tight and put the drill bit on your mark spot and run your drill.
STEP 5:Drill in phases if needed:
- If you want to drill a small diameter and small length hole, you do not need to use the drill in phases.
- If you want to drill a large length hole, you can use a drill in phases.
STEP 6:Change to a larger drill bit:
- Change the smaller drill bit with another drill bit that matches your hole’s diameter to drill into brick.
- Start turning the drill is a bit slowly.
- Now the hole is drill into brick.
STEP 7:Clear the debris from the hole:
- After drilling a hole into a brick.
- The hole is filled with brick debris
- For this purpose, use compressed air to clear the debris of the brick.
- One thing is to remember, when you do this, keep your face at some distance.
- Dirt is very harmful; it can cause severe breathing problems after inhaling this dirt.
STEP 8:Insert the anchor:
- Wall anchor is made up of plastic.
- Take a wall anchor.
- Insert the wall anchor of the drill into the hole and after inserting the wall anchor, make sure that it is separate from the wall’s surface.
- After inserting the wall anchor in the hole, insert the screw.
- Make sure that the screw is tight.
- If the wall anchor is damaged, the grip and strength of your screw are reduced.
STEP 9:Clean the work area:
- After completing your work, clean the work area.
- Sweep away the chunks of brick debris.
- It is necessary to sweep out because they damage your skin, especially your bare feet.
Drilling the hole in brick is very easy. Every home contains an ordinary drill machine. Ordinary drill machine is handy in many works like drilling and making holes etc. The cost of an ordinary drill machine is affordable and very low. A large number of ordinary drill machines are available in the market. These drill machines are handy.
Cordless drill machine is also available in the market, and these drill machines are working on a battery, which is present inside the drill machine. These drill machines are working without electricity. We can use this type of drill machine everywhere.